See an item or job listing that doesn’t belong on OfferUp? Report it. When you report listings that are inappropriate, offensive, fake, or potentially dangerous, you help to keep the OfferUp community safe and trustworthy.
When to report a listing
Consider reporting a listing under the following circumstances:
- The listing contains a prohibited item, including any item that is counterfeit, recalled, offensive, or stolen.
- The listing contains a prohibited job, including any job that is illegal, offensive, or promotes racism or violence.
- The listing violates OfferUp's Posting rules or Community guidelines.
How to report a listing
When you see a listing that you believe violates OfferUp’s policies, please report it by completing these steps:
- In the listing, scroll down past the Description, then tap Report.
- Select the reason you're reporting the listing.
- Optional: Add a note about why you’re reporting the listing.
- Tap Submit Report, then tap Done.
When you report a listing, you remain anonymous so you don’t have to worry about retaliation or offending community members. You also have the ability to block or report a buyer or seller in addition to reporting listings. For more information, see How to block or report someone.