OfferUp is committed to maintaining an inclusive and respectful community. Here’s how you can help foster an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Interact with courtesy and respect
Communication is key in our community. If you change your mind on an offer, that's ok! Politely let the seller know so they can work with other buyers. If you’ve agreed to sell your item to someone else, congrats on the sale! Let potential buyers know so they can try to find another item. If you're running late to meet someone, keep the other person updated.
The best advice we can give is to treat someone the way you hope to be treated as a seller or buyer. It is always best to communicate any change in plans.
Additionally, we know it can be frustrating when things go wrong or don’t turn out as expected. Although it's uncommon, if you have a problem with an item after a sale, try to work it out with the seller in a respectful way. In most cases, they'll be open to finding a solution.
If you need our help, let us know by clicking Contact Us below.
OfferUp does not condone, permit, or sanction any of the following behaviors. As a member of the OfferUp community who interacts with buyers, sellers, and/or employees, you are expected to refrain from any of these behaviors. Behaving in any of the following ways may result in your account being blocked or banned from the OfferUp community.
- Disrespectful behavior
- Spam, unsolicited offers, or abusing our system
- Displaying prohibited profile content
- Fraudulent or illegal activity
Disrespectful behavior, such as:
- Profanity or hate speech.
- Inciting violence, threats of violence, or actual violence.
- Offensive or vulgar listings, items, or messages.
Harassment, such as:
- Targeting another person with complaints about items that were not purchased, or expressing opinions about items with no intent to purchase.
- Pressuring a seller to make a sale or a buyer to make a purchase.
- Comments not related to the item.
- Comments related to another person’s looks, relationship status, etc.
- Any form of harassment including but not limited to hateful, obscene, offensive, profane, racist, sexual or sexually suggestive, defamatory, or violent language.
Spam, unsolicited offers, or abusing our system, such as:
- Unsolicited messages sent to potential buyers, including those of a commercial nature.
- Impersonation of another buyer, seller, OfferUp employee, or other entity in communications.
- Any other misleading, fake, or malicious communication.
- Misrepresenting yourself or the products you’re selling.
- Harvesting information about our community members or directing them to external websites or apps to collect their information.
- Abusing our reporting system, or otherwise exploiting tools meant to protect the community.
- Posting a large quantity of listings, but rarely (or never) responding to interested buyers.
Displaying prohibited profile content, such as:
- Profile names, custom profile links, or photos that are offensive or vulgar. Profile names, custom profile links, or photos that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others. Check out our complete list of account name guidelines in Create an account.
- Use of the OfferUp name or image.
- Inclusion of personal contact details.
- Sharing another person's private information, including contact information.
Fraudulent or illegal activity, such as:
- Falsifying information.
- Using OfferUp for any fraudulent purpose.
- Violating any law or regulation while using OfferUp.
We may remove any content that violates these guidelines without notifying the user. In severe cases or where there are repeated violations, we may suspend or cancel an account or take other action. For more information, please see our Terms of Service.
How to help keep OfferUp safe
Maintaining a strong, trustworthy community is important to us. If you run into any suspicious behavior or items, please let us know by reporting them in the app. You can also block a buyer or seller so they can't contact you in the app. They won't know when you've reported or blocked them.
For more information, see How to block or report someone.