Creating an account on OfferUp is easy. We’ll walk you through how to create an account on OfferUp using email or social media.
Sign up or Log in to OfferUp
- Get the OfferUp app for free from the App Store for iOS, or from Google Play for Android, or visit the website.
- Tap in the app or click Log in / Sign up on Offerup.com.
- Pick a way to log in or sign up:
- Facebook: Tap Continue with Facebook and follow the instructions. This will link your OfferUp account to Facebook.
- Google: Tap Continue with Google and follow the instructions.
- Apple: Tap Continue with Apple and follow the instructions.
- Email address: Enter your name, email address, and a password you’ll remember. Tap Sign Up. Then check your email, and tap the link in the verification email from OfferUp.
Choose an account name
When creating an account, you can choose an account name that accurately reflects you or your business.
Your name must follow these guidelines:
- Isn't offensive, profane, violent, threatening, or sexually explicit.
- Isn't deliberately deceptive, confusing, or intentionally similar to other usernames or businesses. It should not impersonate or falsely represent you as someone else.
- Doesn’t imply the intent to harass, advertise, phish, or spam other users.
- Doesn’t include personal information such as your phone number.
We may remove content that violates these guidelines. In cases of severe or repeated violations, we may suspend or cancel an account. For more information, please see our Terms of service.
Verify your phone number
Note: This step is not required but is highly recommended to secure your account.
- Once you’ve created an account, enter your phone number on the Secure Your Account page.
- Tap Send code to send a verification code to your mobile device
- Enter the secure code
- Tap Verify