To ensure that the OfferUp Jobs marketplace is a safe and trustworthy space, we prohibit certain kinds of jobs and industries. Before you post a job, please review the guidelines below to ensure that your job meets the requirements.
The following types of job listings are prohibited on OfferUp:
- Jobs posted by a non-business
- Jobs that involve illegal activity
- Job listings that include offensive content
- Job listings that are not for jobs
- Job listings that violate our posting rules
- Job listings from prohibited industries
Jobs posted by a non-businesses
At this time, OfferUp only allows businesses to post jobs. Any listing from an individual (non-business entity) is not allowed, including but not limited to:
- Short-term positions working for individuals who are non-business entities (for example, “I need someone to rake the leaves in my yard”).
- Positions for elder care, child care, nannies, or babysitters working for individuals who are non-business entities in their private homes.
- Note: Corporate positions for nurses, elder care, or child care are acceptable.
Jobs that involve illegal activity
Any job that is illegal or that encourages illegal activity is not allowed, including but not limited to:
- Jobs seeking to hire below the legal minimum employment age in the local jurisdiction, or jobs that could be considered child labor.
- Jobs seeking to pay below the legal minimum wage in the local jurisdiction.
- Jobs that involve multi-level marketing sales (such as pyramid schemes, cryptocurrency, or investment opportunities).
- Jobs that appear on the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Job Scams page.
Job listings that include offensive content
To maintain a respectful mobile marketplace, any listing that includes offensive content is strictly prohibited by OfferUp, including but not limited to:
- Listings containing foul language, racial slurs, or hate speech.
- Listings promoting intolerance or discrimination.
- Listings that promote, support, or commemorate groups with views of hatred or intolerance (for example, Nazi, Neo-Nazi, KKK groups, Proud Boys, QAnon, Antifa, or the Boogaloo movement).
- Listings that contain images depicting or glorifying violence against people or animals.
Job listings that are not for jobs
All listings posted to the jobs feed must be from businesses seeking to fill positions for employment. Listings that do not meet this requirement are not allowed, including but not limited to:
- Listings that are non-job related (for example, a listing containing a political manifesto or an item for sale instead of a job description).
- Listings that offer services (for example, "I’m a plumber looking for work”).
- Listings that request services (for example, “I’m looking for a plumber to fix my toilet”).
If you’re a business that’s interested in posting a service on OfferUp (such as moving services or window tinting), please fill out our Services Form to let us know.
Job listings that violate our posting rules
Any job listings that violate our posting rules are not allowed, including but not limited to:
- Listings that contain phone numbers, email addresses, or physical addresses in the images or in the listing title.
- Note: Phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses are only allowed in the Job Description field.
- Listings that include images that do not correspond to the promoted job (for example, the position is for a sales associate, but the images are sexually explicit, offensive, racist, or otherwise objectionable).
- Listings where the job itself is not prohibited, but where the images violate our posting rules.
- Listings for jobs located outside of the United States of America (USA).
Job listings from prohibited industries
All job listings from prohibited industries are not allowed, including but not limited to:
- Any industry associated with an illegal activity or act.
- Listings for adult industry jobs, including but not limited to: bikini barista, phone sex operator, exotic dancer, topless dancer, or lingerie model.
- Listings for jobs related to the sale of animals (such as breeders or the private sale of animals).
OfferUp may remove listings that violate any of our guidelines, policies, or Terms of Service, and may block or terminate any user account at our sole discretion.
Maintaining a safe marketplace
Our teams are working hard to ensure the safety of our marketplace and enforcement of our policies. We do our best to review posted content to ensure that transactions for buyers, sellers, job seekers, and employers are ethical, safe, and protected.
While we understand that our work here is never done, here are the steps we take to try to keep our marketplace safe:
- We remove job listings and take action on accounts that violate our policies.
- We work with law enforcement to do our part in supporting their investigations.
- We’re continuously updating our product features to create a more trustworthy marketplace experience.
Help keep our community strong
As a member of the OfferUp community, you can help us build a safer, stronger marketplace by reporting suspicious or offensive content. For more information, see How to report a listing.
For additional restrictions on behavior such as profanity and harassment, see our Community guidelines.