When you ship items on OfferUp, buyers pay you through the app. Your transaction is private – you don’t have to exchange account information with buyers.
How it works
- Ship: When you accept an offer, we’ll authorize the buyer’s payment and hold it until you ship. Don't wait until the last minute to ship! We recommend shipping the item as soon as you can. The shipping carrier might not scan your item the day you drop it off, and your payment depends on the item being scanned.
- Deliver: When the item gets there, buyers have 2 days to evaluate it before the sale is final. How buyer protection works
- Get paid: Your money will transfer to your deposit account within 5 business days.
- After you accept an offer, to check when you’ll get paid, tap Where’s my money? in your messages with the buyer.
- You’ll see the final payment amount you’ll get, and any fees you're paying.
- We’ll remind you if you need to add deposit info, ship the item, or anything else.
- When your money’s on the way, we’ll show the current status and the estimated timeline for your payment to arrive.
- Payments are delayed on weekends and holidays.
How long does it take to get my money?
Check the messages in your item Inbox for the latest status information.
Here's a general timeline for what to expect:
- Your buyer gets the item and has 2 days to inspect* it.
- The sale is marked complete and the payment starts processing (5-6 days left).
- You'll get another message when the payment is scheduled (4-5 days left).
- You'll get another message when the money is deposited (1-2 days left).
- Your bank finishes processing the deposit and the money's available.
*If the buyer asks you for a refund or files a Buyer Protection Claim, this timeline above is no longer valid. If they don't ask for a refund or file a Buyer Protection Claim and they got what they expected from the item, the timeline above applies.
Set up your deposit account by adding a debit card or bank info to your OfferUp account.
You must provide your deposit information within 90 days of a sale.
To check when your payment will arrive, tap Contact Us below and choose When will I get paid?
Make sure you have your transaction ID. To find it, go to your Inbox, select the message about the item, and tap View receipt.