When you ship items on OfferUp, buyers pay you through the app. Your transaction is private--you don’t have to exchange account information with buyers.
How it works
- Ship it: When you accept an offer, we’ll authorize the buyer’s payment and hold it until you ship. Don't wait until the last minute to ship! The shipping carrier might not scan your item the day you drop it off, and your payment depends on the item being scanned.
- Deliver: When the item gets there, buyers have 2 days to evaluate it before the sale is final. How buyer protection works
- Get paid: Your money will transfer to your deposit account within 5 business days.
- After you accept an offer, to check when you’ll get paid, tap Where’s my money? in your messages with the buyer.
- You’ll see the final payment amount you’ll get, and any fees you're paying.
- We’ll remind you if you need to add deposit info, ship the item, or anything else.
- When your money’s on the way, we’ll show the current status and the estimated timeline for your payment to arrive.
- Payments are delayed on weekends and holidays.
Note: We are constantly adding and testing new features, so you might not always see some features.
The first time you ship, set up your deposit account by adding a debit card or bank info to your OfferUp account.
You must provide your deposit information within 90 days of a sale.
To check when your payment will arrive, tap Contact Us below and choose When will I get paid.
Have your transaction ID. To find it, go to your message thread about the item and tap View receipt.