OfferUp is committed to maintaining an inclusive and respectful community. Here are a few tips to help foster an enjoyable experience for everyone:
- Be courteous.
- If you change your mind on an offer, politely let the seller know so they can work with other buyers.
- If you're running late to meet someone, keep the other person updated.
- We know it can be frustrating when things go wrong. Although it's uncommon, if you have a problem with an item after a sale, try to work it out with the seller in a calm, respectful way. In most cases, they'll be open to finding a solution.
In addition, when using OfferUp and interacting with buyers, sellers, or employees, please refrain from any of the behaviors below, in your post or in messages.
The following types behaviors are not allowed:
- Disrespectful behavior
- Spam or unsolicited offers
- Displaying prohibited profile content
- Fraudulent or illegal activity
Disrespectfulness, such as:
- Profanity or hate speech
- Threats of violence or actual violence
- Inciting violence
- Offensive or vulgar posts or messages
Harassment, such as:
- Targeting another person with complaints about items that were not purchased or expressing opinions about items with no intent to purchase
- Pressuring a seller to make a sale or a buyer to make a purchase
- Other comments not related to the item
- Comments related to another person’s looks, relationship status, etc.
- Any form of harassment including but not limited to hateful, obscene, offensive, profane, racist, sexual or sexually suggestive, defamatory, or violent language
Spam, unsolicited offers, or abusing our system, such as:
- Unsolicited messages sent to potential buyers, including those of a commercial nature
- Impersonation of another buyer, seller, OfferUp employee, or other entity in communications
- Any other misleading, fake, or malicious communication
- Misrepresenting yourself, or the products you’re selling
- Harvesting information about our community members or directing them to external websites or apps to collect their information
- Abusing our reporting system, or otherwise exploiting tools meant to protect the community
Use of disallowed content in your public profile or custom profile link, such as:
- Offensive or vulgar profile names, links, or photos, or those that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others. Check out our complete list of username guidelines.
- Use of the OfferUp name or image
- Inclusion of personal contact details
- Posting another person's private information, including contact information
Fraudulent or illegal activity, such as:
- Falsifying information
- Using OfferUp for any fraudulent purpose
- Violating any law or regulation while using OfferUp
We may remove content that violates these guidelines. In severe cases or where there are repeated violations, we may suspend or cancel an account or take other action. For more information, please see our Terms of service.
How to help
Maintaining a strong community is important to us. If you run into any suspicious behavior or items, please let us know. You can also block a person so they can't contact you in the app. That person won't know when you've reported or blocked them. How to report a person or item