OfferUp is committed to maintaining an inclusive and respectful community. Here's a few tips to help foster an enjoyable experience for everyone:
- Be courteous.
- If you change your mind on an offer, politely let the seller know so they can work with other buyers.
- If you're running late to meet someone, keep the other person updated.
- We know it can be frustrating when things go wrong. Although it's uncommon, if you have a problem with an item after a sale, try to work it out with the seller in a calm, respectful way. In most cases, they'll be open to finding a solution.
In addition, when using OfferUp and interacting with buyers, sellers, or employees, please refrain from any of the below:
- Profanity or hate speech
- Threats of violence or actual violence
- Harassment, such as:
- Targeting another person with complaints about items that were not purchased or expressing opinions about items with no intent to purchase
- Sexual harassment or any comments related to another person’s looks, relationship status, etc.
- Other comments not related to the item
- Pressuring a seller to make a sale
- Spam and unsolicited offers, such as:
- Unsolicited messages sent to potential buyers, including those of a commercial nature
- Impersonation of another buyer, seller, OfferUp employee, or other entity in communications
- Any other misleading, fake, or malicious communication
- Use of disallowed content in your public profile or custom profile link. Examples include:
- Offensive or vulgar profile names, links, or photos, or those that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others
- Use of the OfferUp name or image
- Inclusion of personal contact details
- Posting another person's private information, including contact information
We may remove content that violates these guidelines. In severe cases or repeated violations, we may suspend or cancel an account or take other action. For more information, please see our Terms of service.
How to help
Maintaining a strong community is important to us. If you run into any suspicious behavior or items, please let us know. You can also block any user so they can't contact you in the app. Users won't know when you've reported or blocked them. How to report a person or item