When you agree on an offer, you need a place to meet. Find a good spot with the app and share it through Messages.
Suggest a specific place to meet
- Tap and open your messages with the person you’ll be meeting.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to pick a location. You'll see a map centered on where you are.
- To pick a suggested location from the map, tap its icon. Any official Community MeetUp Spots will be marked in green. More about Community MeetUp Spots
- To search, tap the search field and type a business name or street address. Any recommended spots will be highlighted.
- Select the location you prefer, then tap Send.
- Both of you will get a link to the location in your messages. Tap View Map to see details.
Tips for the meeting
- Meet at a well-lit public location with lots of people around, like a cafe, shopping mall or police station.
- If you're buying a large item, bring a friend to help lift it.
- When leaving for your location, use OfferUp messages to tell the other person you're on your way.
- If you're running late, let the other person know.