OfferUp sends you notifications to let you know about changes to your account, special offers, new items, and more. You can control the types of notifications you want to receive and how they get delivered to you in your account settings.
Update notification preferences in the app
To choose the email and push notifications that you want to receive, update your notification preferences in the OfferUp app. You can update your notification preferences at any time.
To update your preferences, complete the following steps in the app:
- Open the OfferUp app and log into your account.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right corner to access your Account.
- Under Account, tap Account Settings.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to Notifications, then tap Manage Notifications.
- On the Notifications page, tap Edit next to the notification you want to update.
- Select your preferred delivery method for the notification.
- Toggle on Email to receive email notifications about the selected topic. Toggle off Email to stop receiving them.
- Toggle on Push Notification to receive mobile device notifications about the selected topic. Toggle off Push Notifications to stop receiving them.
Changes to your notification preferences take effect immediately. Please note, you will still receive in-app notifications, even if you disable all email and push notifications. In-app notifications are mandatory and cannot be disabled.
Update notification preferences in your device settings
You can also manage your notification preferences on your mobile device. Your device lets you control what apps are allowed to send you notifications. This is an efficient way to disable all email and push notifications at once, rather than managing individual notifications in the OfferUp app. To learn how to manage notifications on your mobile device, see the applicable instructions: Google Android Help and Apple iOS Support.
Unsubscribe from email notifications
Another way to stop receiving certain kinds of email notifications is by tapping the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. This will prevent you from receiving future emails about similar topics, such as marketing promotions.
Having trouble receiving email or push notifications? Try these tips to fix the issue:
- Check your notification settings in the OfferUp app. You need to turn on each individual email and push notification that you want to receive.
- Check your notification settings on your mobile device. Make sure that the OfferUp app is allowed to send you notifications.
- Turn off any device settings that may block notifications. This includes things like power saving mode, Do Not Disturb, and performance optimization apps.
For assistance with notification issues, please reach out to us by tapping the Contact Us button below.