Occasionally, we need to make sure that the person logging in to your OfferUp account is really you. We do this to protect your identity, along with any payment or deposit information you have in your account.
When will we confirm your identity? Here are a few examples:
- When you create a new account
- When you log in for the first time from a new device
- When we notice something unusual in an attempted login
How it works
If you use OfferUp on your phone, you can use that phone's number to receive the code. You don't need extra hardware or a separate device.
- Enter your username and password
- Tap to have us send the code (a short string of numbers)
- Once you request the code, you’ll see the screen where you type it in
- Wait for the text message with the code
- Type in the code and you’re logged in
We won’t ask you to enter a code often. If you forget your password or log in from a different device, we’ll send a new code to enter again.