Two-factor authentication (2FA) is designed to keep your OfferUp account safe by ensuring that you’re the only person who can access it. 2FA requires you to provide two pieces of information before you can access your account, including:
- Your account password (or login credentials)
- And, a 6-digit verification code that we text or email to you
Your OfferUp account is automatically protected by two-factor authentication. You're already enrolled in it. You cannot unenroll or turn off 2FA. It's a required feature that helps us protect your account, your identity, and your personal information.
You may be asked to provide a 2FA verification code at any time in order to keep your account protected. For example, if you attempt to log in to OfferUp from an unrecognized device, we’ll ask you to provide a verification code to prove it’s really you. For your protection, never share verification codes with anyone else.
No access to your phone or email?
Lost your phone? Got a new number? Can’t access your old email? If your 2FA verification code is being sent to a device or email that you no longer have access to, please reach out to us by tapping Contact Us below.
Not receiving verification codes?
If you have access to your phone or email, but are not receiving 2FA verification codes, try these tips:
- Make sure OfferUp can send you notifications. To learn more, see Managing your notification preferences.
- Update to the latest version of the mobile app. To learn how, see Updating the OfferUp app.
- Check your email's Spam folder to see if codes are being routed there.
If you’re still not able to receive verification codes, please reach out to us by tapping Contact Us below.