With so many ways to buy on OfferUp, it’s important to know the steps involved in each process.
We’ve outlined the following scenarios to make it easier to understand how to buy on OfferUp:
Buying from individual sellers (individual sellers are those who aren’t Pro Sellers):
- Meet in-person to purchase an item
- Make offer
- Purchase a shippable item
- Make offer
- Buy Now
- Buying from Pro Sellers:
- Buy Now
Meet in-person with Make offer
- When you find a local item you like, tap Make offer or Ask to chat with the seller about the item.
- Once the seller agrees to your offer, find a Community MeetUp Spot near the both of you to meet.
- When meeting in-person, make sure you’re satisfied with the item and go ahead and make your payment.
Purchase a shippable item
- Tap Make offer on the item you would like to purchase.
- Once you’ve tapped Make offer, you will see one of the following options:
- If you see the price of the item and the Make offer button, edit the price you would like to offer (if available), and tap Make offer again.
- If you see both Ship to me or Make offer buttons, choose which one you prefer. Note: If you would like the item shipped, choose Ship to me. If you would rather meet in person, choose Make offer.
- If you see the Review Your Offer screen, including your shipping address, payment method, and item price, you can decide to tap Confirm offer at the bottom.
- Note: You may have the option to edit your offer on this screen. Tap the Edit button next to the Item price if you would like to do so.
- A seller may have the button available on their item. If you see this, that means you can quickly purchase the item by tapping this button. To do so, tap Buy Now.
- Review your details on the Confirm Purchase screen.
- If everything looks good, tap Confirm purchase.
Buy a shippable item
If you decide to have an item shipped from an individual seller, you only have 2 days to inspect it after it’s delivered (Note: this only applies to shipping purchases made in the app). If there are any issues with the item like if it’s damaged or isn’t what you were expecting, try requesting a refund or see purchase protection to file a claim if necessary.
We understand that buying and selling right now can be challenging. To learn more about how to handle purchases, see buying and selling during COVID-19.
Buy Now from Pro Sellers
When purchasing from a Pro Seller, you will only have the ability to Buy Now. This means you will not be able to message Pro Sellers to make offers. Once you’ve found an item you want to purchase, tap Buy Now. You’ll have the chance to review the purchase details before tapping Confirm purchase.
Once your item is delivered, you will have 30 days to inspect it and request a refund if necessary.
Important: We are constantly adding and testing new features, so some features may not be available to all users.