As a buyer, you have the ability to file a claim for any shipped purchase. Make sure to request a refund before filing a claim, as this may be a faster solution to your issue.
If you’re unable to request a refund from the seller successfully, you may file a 2-Day Purchase Protection claim.
What is covered:
The following issues are covered with purchase protection when bought and shipped through OfferUp:
- The buyer did not receive the item
- The item is damaged when the buyer receives it
- The item is incorrect or missing
- The item the buyer receives is not as described
Note: If the item isn’t shipped within 5 days of payment, the buyer's payment is automatically canceled and returned to the account they used to buy the item.
What isn't covered:
- An item doesn't fit or the buyer doesn't like it
- An item is prohibited by OfferUp
- The purchase was made in cash or with an in-person cashless payment
- The purchase was conducted through payment or shipping systems outside of OfferUp
How to file a claim
- Within 2 days of receiving the item, first let the seller know if you didn't get what you expected. They will need to respond to your request through OfferUp. To do this, check your Notifications and click on the delivered notification: “Delivered! Within 2 days, inspect the item and confirm it’s as expected.”
- If they decline or do not answer after 2 business days of submitting the refund request, use the ‘Get help from OfferUp button’ located in your chat message (found in the refund confirmation message).
- ‘Get help from OfferUp’ will prompt a buyer protection form. In the form that appears, enter your reason for using purchase protection. We’ll also need your transaction ID to access details about your purchase. If the form does not have the transaction ID auto-filled, you can find it by following these steps:
- Tap Purchases & Sales, then Transactions
- Select the receipt for the item you have questions about
- Scroll to Payment info for the transaction ID
- OfferUp will review the request and take the corresponding action. OfferUp may request additional information or documentation and reserves the right to deny buyer requests.
- OfferUp will provide return instructions on approval, and the buyer will need to return the item accordingly.
- If approved, OfferUp will issue a refund up to the original price (including shipping costs) of the item sent to the original form of payment.