Promote your items near the top of the feed and double your chances to sell using individual, paid promotions.
Jump to a section:
How promoting works
When you pay to promote an item, your item appears at the top of buyers’ feeds for a limited amount of time. Items at the top of the feed get more views, which means they’re twice as likely to sell.
Buying a promotion
Buying a promotion is easy! Select from our available menu options, such as Promote 1 Day or Promote 3 Days. Or, customize the number of days by combining multiple promotions. If you’d like to promote an item for 30 days or more, try a Promote Plus subscription.
To get started in the app:
- Tap Selling.
- Under the For Sale tab, tap the item you want to promote.
- Tap Sell 2x Faster, then choose how many days to promote your item.
- Tap Next to open the app store purchase dialog.
- Select a payment method and pay for your promotion.
Once you’ve purchased a promotion, your item will appear with a Promoted label in featured spots on OfferUp, including the home feed, category feed, and in related searches.
Don’t worry if you don’t see your item at the top of the feed immediately. Promoted spots are shared between sellers. Items rotate among the featured positions so all sellers get fair exposure.
Additionally, you may not see your promoted item in your own feed at all since you’re not paying to promote it to yourself. But potential buyers will see your item in their feed, depending on what they’re searching for.
Checking real-time results
To find out if buyers are viewing your item, check the Promotion Results dashboard. You'll see how many views you’re getting in real-time, and how much time is left until the promotion expires.
To view your real-time results in the app:
- Tap Selling.
- Under the For Sale tab, tap Promotion Results.
- Check how many Promoted Views your item is getting.
Cancellations and refunds
Once you've purchased a promotion, you cannot cancel it. However, you can request a refund after the promotion expires. Just know that refunds are issued on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed.
To request a refund, complete the following steps for your type of device.
For Apple users:
- Visit Apple.com and sign in to your account.
- Locate OfferUp on your list of App Store purchases.
- Tap Report A Problem and complete the form.
Apple will review your case and determine if you’re eligible for a refund. If granted, the refund may take up to 2 business days to process.
For Android or web users:
- Tap the Contact Us button below.
- Submit a request for a refund.
- Look for an email from OfferUp Support.
OfferUp will review your case and determine if you’re eligible for a refund. If granted, the refund may take up to 5 business days to process.