As a seller
When selling an item through nationwide shipping, the buyer may realize that the item was not as described. If so, they have 2 days after delivery to request a refund.
For items that don’t meet buyer expectations based on the item description, they’ll need to sort out the issue with you as the seller. Buyers may have other issues — such as damaged or counterfeit items — that they report to us.
If the buyer requests a refund from you, you will see the request in chat.
How to accept/decline a refund
- Navigate to Inbox and make sure you’re on the Messages tab
- Find the corresponding messages to view the buyer’s refund request
- You’ll see the reason the buyer included for requesting a refund
- If you need more information, message the buyer. The buyer is able to send photos of the items in the chat at this time.
- On the “[Buyer name] requested a refund” system message, tap Accept or Decline
- On the next screen, tap either Accept or Decline, depending on your decision
- If you accept the refund request, we’ll send the buyer a prepaid shipping return label and they must ship within 6 days.
- Once the buyer drops off the item and the post office scans it, funds will be transferred back to the buyer.
- If you decline the refund request, the buyer will have another 2 days to file a claim with us. Note: As the seller, you will not receive payment while a claim is in progress.
Questions? Concerns? Contact us.