The sale of homemade prepared food is subject to regulatory guidelines and often requires a permit. Because we can't enforce these restrictions, prepared food is not allowed. Examples:
- Most perishable goods, including meat, seafood, dairy, and cut fruits or vegetables
- Homemade shelf products, such as jams, jellies, and pickles
- Homemade meals or baked goods
- Eggs sold outside of the seller's farm
Exceptions to this policy include:
- Whole, uncut fruits and vegetables
- Eggs sold directly on the seller's farm
- Unopened and packaged commercially sold food goods (canned soup, packages of cookies, etc.) as long as the packaging has not been tampered with and the items are sold before their expiration date
Help keep our community strong
If you see a prohibited item on OfferUp, please report it in the app. On that item’s page, tap Report, then Prohibited on OfferUp, then Done. For more information on reporting users and items, please see Reporting/blocking users and items.
For additional restrictions on behavior such as profanity and harassment, please see Community guidelines.
Posts that violate any of our guidelines, policies, or terms may be removed at our discretion. Additional actions may be taken for severe or repeat offenses.