Items that pose health and safety concerns or that are regulated or illegal are not allowed on OfferUp. These include but are not limited to:
- Firearms, no exceptions
- Knives primarily used as weapons or for self-defense. Note: Cutlery, kitchen, and utility knives are generally permitted
- Mace, pepper spray, bear spray, tasers, and other weapons used to subdue humans or animals
- Paintball guns, BB guns, guns that fire blanks, Airsoft Guns, and all related ammunition and accessories
- Sporting weapons such as bows and arrows, crossbows, and archery items
- Swords, if sharpened or functional. Note: Decorative blunt swords are generally permitted
- Weapon parts and accessories, including any item that attaches to a firearm, ammunition, bullets, clips, arrows, and bolts
- Body armor, including Kevlar and other tactical and protective vests, except protective clothing for sporting activities
- Regulated chemicals, poisons, or substances
- New or used airbags sold separately from a vehicle
- Hazardous materials such as:
- Recalled items
- Items subject to recall
- Items deemed to pose significant health or safety risks to others
Help keep our community strong
If you see a prohibited item on OfferUp, please report it in the app. On that item’s page, tap Report, then Prohibited on OfferUp, then Done. For more information on reporting users and items, please see Reporting/blocking users and items.
For additional restrictions on behavior such as profanity and harassment, please see Community guidelines.
Posts that violate any of our guidelines, policies, or terms may be removed at our discretion. Additional actions may be taken for severe or repeat offenses.