To identify an authentic handbag, here are some tips:
- Get familiar with the brand and its style. Research similar items for comparison.
- Check the logo, since it will reflect the handbag's authenticity. For example: “Cartier" vs “Carlier."
- If the brand uses serial numbers, look for one on the handbag for sale.
- Look for tags or labels. Authentic handbags generally have one either on the inside or outside of the item.
- Check the stitching. Authentic handbags will always have quality stitching.
- Pay attention to color variation. Authentic handbags are typically consistent in their scheme.
- To learn more about the process, look up guidelines to authentic handbags online. Searching by brand will highlight anything specific to look for.