You can certainly post many types of animal products. However, wildlife products that were sourced illegally or are being traded in contravention of any law are prohibited. Examples of prohibited live wildlife and their products include, but are not limited to:
- Bears (e.g. Asiatic Black Bear, Giant Panda, Sloth Bear, Sun Bear)
- Birds (e.g. African Grey Parrot, Falcons, Eagles, Helmeted Hornbill and some other Parrots)
- Cetaceans (e.g. Dolphins, Porpoises, Whales)
- Corals (Elkhorn, Staghorn)
- Marine Turtles
- Otters (e.g. European River Otter, Giant Otter, California Sea Otter)
- Pangolins (All)
- Primates (e.g. Bonobo, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Monkeys, Orangutan)
- Reptiles & Amphibians (e.g. Ploughshare Tortoise, Iranian Spotted Newt, Indian Rock Python)
- Sharks, Sawfishes, Manta & Devil Rays (e.g. Great White Shark, Basking Shark, Whale Shark, Smalltooth Sawfish)
- Tibetan Antelope (also known as Chiru and shawls known as Shahtoosh)
- Wild Cats (e.g. Cheetah, Jaguar, Leopard, Lion, Ocelot, Tiger)
Help keep our community strong
If you see a prohibited item on OfferUp, please report it in the app. On that item’s page, tap Report, then Prohibited on OfferUp, then Done. For more information on reporting a person or an item, please see Report a person or item.
For additional restrictions on behavior such as profanity and harassment, please see Community guidelines.
Posts that violate any of our guidelines, policies, or terms may be removed at our discretion. Additional actions may be taken for severe or repeat offenses.