OfferUp lets you sell items anywhere in the continental U.S. We send you a prepaid shipping label, and you get paid through the app directly into your bank account. Here’s how it works.
List your item for nationwide shipping
Start listing items eligible under our shipping policies with these steps:
- Make sure your email address is verified with us
- Start posting your item
- Once you’ve completed entering the details of your item, switch on Sell & ship nationwide. (You’ll also have the option to switch on Buy Now on this page if you prefer. Keep in mind, you can only turn on Buy Now if you’ve accepted a shipping offer in the past. See: Sell with Buy Now)
- You'll see a 12.9% service fee for your item. The minimum fee is $1.99.
- On the Delivery Method page, pick the package size that can hold your item with padding around it.
Note that “Extra small” packages are under 8 ounces, and the other sizes are based on package size. Your package doesn’t have to be exactly the sizes listed below. Make sure that the actual package size is the same or smaller than the package size selected for the shipping label, or the carrier may charge more. Just make sure no one side is over 18” and your package isn’t over 20 pounds.
- Extra Small (up to 8 ounces): Good for earbuds, small cosmetics or toiletries, wristwatches, other small items (with padding).
- Small (approximately 9” x 6” x 3”): Hardback or paperback books, mobile phones or other small electronics (with padding), sunglasses
- Medium (approximately 12” x 9” x 6”): Shoes, purses, game controllers (with padding)
- Large (approximately 14” x 10” x 6”): Countertop kitchen gadgets or hand tools (with padding), larger pieces of clothing (sweaters, coats)
Buyers have the option to choose Local pickup only, Nationwide shipping only, or Any (Default).
How to sell and ship
When you accept a buyer's offer, it's time to ship! Here's how to get your item ready to go.
- You and the buyer will provide your addresses. We'll use these to make your shipping label.
To get paid, you must use the label OfferUp provides. Using a different label means we can't track the delivery.
- We'll collect the buyer's payment when you accept the offer.
- Print your pre-paid shipping label.
- To view the label in the app, open your messages with the buyer, and tap Shipping label under “Accepted - ship within 3 days!” Find messages
- We’ll also email the label to your verified email address.
- Package the item securely, attach the label, and give it to the shipping carrier. Remember, you will need to ship your item within 3 days otherwise it may not be accepted at the carrier.
- When the buyer receives the item, they have 2 days to inspect the item. See our purchase protection for conditions.
- Once the sale is final and the buyer confirms the item is as expected, your payment, minus the service fee, will be released and deposited into your bank account. Get paid after shipping
Shipping is subject to the OfferUp Terms of Service.
Note: We are constantly adding and testing new features, so you might not always see some features.