When you find something on OfferUp that you want to buy, here’s how to contact the seller and arrange your purchase.
Make an offer
- Open the item you want to buy.
- Note the price.
This may be firm or negotiable, depending on how the seller set it up.
- Questions? To message the seller, tap Ask.
- To start the negotiation, tap Make offer.
At this point you're not promising to buy.
- Some sellers will negotiate the price. You can enter your own amount if they don't mark the price as firm.
Edit the price on the next screen, or tap Edit when reviewing a shipping offer.
- The item may be available for you to pick up in person or get shipped to you.
If both options are available, pick the one you prefer.
- To send your offer for an item to be picked up locally, tap Make offer.
- If the item is still available, the seller should reply to discuss or accept your offer.
- Once you agree on a price, you can pick a meeting location and complete the sale.
- To send an offer for an item to be shipped to you, tap Ship to me.
- Enter your payment info and address if prompted.
- You’ll see a summary of your offer and the final cost. Tap Confirm offer to send it to the seller.
- If they accept, you’ll be charged and they’ll ship the item to you. How shipping works for buyers
Complete the sale
If you meet in person, inspect the item there. If you would like to get documentation or an outside inspection, feel free to let the seller know you're arranging that.
If you’re satisfied, go ahead and make your payment. If it isn’t exactly what you want, politely decline to buy and let the seller know you appreciate their time.
If you’re getting the item shipped, you have 2 days to inspect it after it’s delivered. If there are any issues with the item, like if it’s damaged or isn’t what you were expecting, see Buyer protection.
After the sale is complete, ask the seller to mark the item as sold so you can rate each other. Rate and review other people
Note: We are constantly adding and testing new features, so some features may not be available to all users.