When purchasing a secondhand bike, here are a few tips to follow:
- Ask the seller for the serial number before purchasing the bike.
- Cross-reference the serial number against a bike registration site.
- Check the bike’s condition, and look for potential issues like dents, bending, rust, cracks, or significant wear.
- Read guidelines online to know what to look for, and familiarize yourself with the specific type of bike you’re buying.
- Consider meeting at a reputable bicycle shop and have the bike checked out by an expert before exchanging money.