Easily sell your items on OfferUp by following these steps.
Step 1: Post your item
- To post your item, tap in the app and follow the steps on how to post
- To get more views and reach even more buyers, try promoting your item to sell it faster
Step 2: Sell your item
Once your item is posted on OfferUp, it’s time to sell it. Here’s how it works:
- You'll get messages from interested buyers right in the app. Find messages
- Reply to these messages to answer any questions, then agree on a price with a buyer.
- If you’re meeting the buyer in person:
- Use the app to find a meeting location, such as a Community MeetUp Spot, and agree on a time to meet. If the item is large or heavy, we recommend making plans to lift or move it.
- When you meet, let the buyer check out the item.
- If you and the buyer agree to the sale, swap the item and payment in person.
- If the sale doesn't work out, be polite, and don't be discouraged. There are many more potential buyers on the app.
- If you’re shipping your item:
- When you accept a buyer’s offer, they’ll be charged through the app.
- Ship the item using the label we send to you. If you don’t use the label we provide, you won’t get paid. How shipping works for sellers
- The buyer has 2 days to inspect the item after it's delivered. How buyer protection works
- We’ll notify you when your money is securely sent to your account. Get paid after shipping
- When the sale is done, mark the item as sold. We'll let any other interested buyers know that your item is off the market.
- Take a minute to rate the buyer. It helps build community trust and gives the buyer the option to rate you, too. Rate and review other people
- Your item will show as sold in your Selling tab. It will stay there for a short time for your reference before being moved to your Archive. You can also archive it yourself. More about archiving