OfferUp lets you ship across the contiguous 48 states through the US Postal Service. For local items, you can still meet and pick up locally, just like always.
Buying through shipping:
Selling through shipping:
How shipping works
Sellers can make their items available for shipping by choosing Sell and ship nationwide when they list an item. You need to verify your email address with us first.
When buyers see an item they like, they can choose Ship to me, make their offer, and pay through the app.
We send sellers a pre-paid shipping label. Using this label is required! That's how we track shipments and sellers get paid.
Make sure you follow our shipping policies.
To be eligible for shipping, items must meet these criteria.
- Items must weigh less than 20lbs and be smaller than 108 inches in length + girth (girth is how big around the package is).
- Items must be offered for sale at a price between $1 and $500.
- Items must be available for immediate shipping. Items that may not be fulfilled on time, such as custom-order goods or event tickets, are not allowed.
- Drop-shipped items are ineligible. Drop-shipping is when a seller purchases items from another retailer and directly ships to a buyer. This type of product sourcing is not allowed on OfferUp.
Sellers are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mailing. Please check the:
Sellers are responsible for paying a service fee. Shipping costs are typically paid by the buyer but can be paid by the seller. Shipping fees can vary, so the amounts are shown for each item. You'll know how much you'll pay before you buy.
Shipping is subject to the OfferUp Terms of Service.
How to pack
Make sure your items get to your buyers without any hiccups:
1) Use the right box size and packaging tape
- You should use the smallest box possible since empty space can cause damage if the contents inside get jostled around.
- Don’t confuse packaging tape and storage tape. Use packaging tape! It’s sturdier than storage tape.
2) Don’t over/under pack your shipments
- Don’t overpack the box, or it could burst in transit. If your box is close to the size of your item, pick a bigger box and add extra padding.
- Make all items as secure as possible — the more they move, the more likely they are to break.
3) Always, always use your OfferUp label
- The label helps you track your item, from the carrier to your buyer’s doorstep. As soon as you accept a shipping offer, you get the label you need. And you do need it--you won’t get paid without it. If you have not received a label or run into other problems, you can contact our team to get further assistance.
4) Sure, reuse that old box, but…
- Make sure all old markings are removed or covered, including barcodes, addresses, or hazardous materials signs.