OfferUp supports shipping to the continental 48 states through the US Postal Service. Alternatively, you can always meet buyers to exchange local items.
How shipping works
Sellers can make their items available for shipping by choosing Sell and ship nationwide when they list an item.
When buyers see a shippable item they like, they can choose the Ship to me (for items available through shipping or locally) or Make offer (for items not available locally), confirm their offer, and pay through the app. Buyers may also select Buy Now to instantly purchase an item and have it shipped. For more information on making purchases, see How to buy.
We send sellers a prepaid shipping label. Using this label is required. This is how we track shipments and how sellers get paid. If you choose to ship an item without this label, you won’t be able to get paid through OfferUp.
Most shippable items can be sold on OfferUp. Make sure you follow our shipping policies and meet these criteria:
- Items under 20 pounds
- Packages with no side longer than 18"
- Packages that fit one of the 4 available size ranges (X-small, Small, Medium, Large)
- Items ready to ship. Items that may not be fulfilled on time, such as custom-order goods or event tickets, are ineligible.
- Anything prohibited or restricted by the US Postal Service
Sellers are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mailing. Some items may be shipped via ground transportation only. Since OfferUp uses Priority shipping, these items are not eligible for shipping transactions. Please check US Postal Service shipping restrictions to make sure your product qualifies for shipping.
- Drop-shipped items
Drop-shipping is when a seller purchases items from another retailer and directly ships to a buyer. This type of product sourcing is not allowed by individual sellers on OfferUp.
- Sellers are responsible for paying a service fee.
- Buyers pay for the shipping label. Shipping fees can vary, so the amounts are shown for each item. When you're the buyer, you'll know how much you'll pay before you buy.
- Sales tax: We determine the sales tax rate based on the ship-to address of the buyer.
For more information on shipping and fees, see the OfferUp Terms of Service.
How to pack
Make sure your items get to your buyers without any hiccups:
1. Use the right box size and packaging tape
- You should use the smallest package possible since empty space can cause damage if the contents inside get jostled around.
- Don’t confuse packaging tape and storage tape. Use packaging tape! It’s sturdier than storage tape.
2. Don’t over/under pack your shipments
- Don’t overpack the package, or it could burst in transit. If your package is close to the size of your item, pick a bigger box and add extra padding. Make sure to account ofr this when selecting a package when you post the item.
- Make all items as secure as possible — the more they move, the more likely they are to break.
3. Use your OfferUp label
- The label helps you track your item, from the carrier to your buyer’s doorstep. As soon as you accept a shipping offer, you get the label you need. And you do need it--you won’t get paid without it. If you have not received a label or run into other problems, you can contact our team to get further assistance.
4. Reduce, reuse, recycle!
- If you decide to use an old box or packing material, make sure all old markings are removed or covered, including barcodes, addresses, or hazardous materials signs.