When you sell an item through nationwide shipping, the buyer may realize that the item was not as described. If so, they have 2 days to request a refund from you.
Buyers may have other issues--such as damaged or counterfeit items--that they report to us. But for items that simply don’t meet their expectations, they’ll sort out the issue with you.
If they request a refund, you’ll see the request in the item messages thread.
To process a refund
- In the item message thread, you’ll see a notice saying “[Buyer name] requested a refund”
- Next you’ll see the reason the buyer entered for requesting a refund
- If you need more information, ask the buyer to add photos or answer your questions
- On the “[Buyer name] requested a refund” message, tap Accept or decline
- On the next screen, tap either Accept or Decline
- If you accept, we’ll send the buyer a pre-paid shipping label, and they must ship within 6 days.
- Once they drop off the item and the post office scans it, the refund will automatically come out of your balance on OfferUp.
- If you decline, they’ll have another 2 days to report the issue to us.
Questions? Concerns? Contact us.